This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. To learn more please click HERE.
I absolutely hate playpens. They are big, heavy, and just awful!
Sometimes you go on vacation…
and sometimes you just aren’t home at nap time.
When my son turned one I got a job as a nanny. This was so exciting for me because I was able to take my son McKinley to work with me everyday. Only problem was I had to lug his playpen around everyday!
It got so frustrating.
Fast forward 6 more months and McKinley had figured out how to get out of his playpen.
I had to think fast! I needed a safe place for McKinley to nap while I was working but i had no idea what.
I did some research and discovered Kidco’s Peapod’s!
I thought it was worth a shot so I went online and looked at our local buy & sell. I found a used Peapod Plus for a great price! It was an older version but I thought it was worth a shot.
Our Kidco Peapod has changed my life!
Not only is it light and easy to carry around but my son also LOVES it!
He is always so excited to sleep in his “tent.”
The best part is that no matter where we are McKinley feels safe and secure. He will take a nap anywhere as long as he has his Peapod.
Now thats what I call a PARENTING WIN!
Summer is coming up fast and every year we go on a week long vacation! Our daughter Colbi is almost one so I decided it was time to get her a Peapod as well.
Disclosure: Kidco sent me this Peapod Plus in exchange for a review. All thoughts are my own. I’m honest to the best of my knowledge.
Much to my surprise the updated version of Kidco’s Peapod is even better!
What is a Kidoco Peapod?
It is an indoor/outdoor travel bed (tent).
It comes in 2 sizes:
- Peapod- ages 1 to 3 years
- Peapod Plus – ages 1 to 5 years
Is it safe?
YES! It sure is.
- The lightweight mesh allows airflow and keeps bugs out
- It is UV protected and fire retardant
- The mattress is safely snapped to the outside of the PeaPod (Meaning there are no gaps between the mattress and the pod)
- Use caution when opening your Peapod – it pops open! ( Make sure children are a safe distance away)
Kidco Peapod’s are not to be used for children under the age of one.
Why Do I Recommend the Kidco Peapod?
- Lightweight travel bed
- Enclosed space allows your child to feel safe and secure
- Small enough to fit in a suitcase
- Light enough for a small child to carry
- Easy set up ( pops open)
- Quick take down (There is a bit of a learning curve .Once you know how it only takes seconds)
- Great for sleepovers and vacations!
- Great for indoors and outdoors
- Big enough space for your child to be comfortable
- It’s fun for kids
What would I change?
- The mattress is thin ( If our pod is placed on a hard surface we sometimes put a thick blanket underneath it just to add a little cushion.
Kidco’s Peapod’s are a must have on my list of children’s necessities.
It’s so nice knowing my kids have a safe place to sleep everywhere we go!
It’s even nicer knowing I don’t have to carry a heavy playpen with me ever again!